So we started to use this WordPress thing and I tell you its a nightmare of note. Sure if you are a PHP coder or a straight A student in advanced PHP rocket science it would probably be a breeze . . . but there are a few things that I think are missing for a normal earthling (like me)
- A function to go back to the top of the page after you have scrolled down past 32345 posts which took 237 hours and 42 minutes of hectic reading . . .
- A way to be able to stop comments on what ever posts you want, oh, AND pages. It looks like ALL or nothing which is a bit retarded.
- A font selector when typing out a new post? really?? Even MS Windows text editor has that! and if my memory serves me correct so did OS2 Warp back in the 80’s
- Why all the different linking type stuff? permalinks I think its called, what is that? I mean I almost linked my contact page to the Playboy magazine classified section, which probably would have been a lot more exciting than working out that the best thing on the links is to DO NOT TOUCH.
- I did not even know Playboy had a classified section!!
I do realise that all of the above could probably be done, that is not the point here, it should be available for normal laymen bloggers like me.
And to Robert, I take back what I said, In my opinion setting up a WordPress site is way more difficult than setting up a Sage X3 or a SAP R2 multiple continent corporate implementation 🙂